Family Visa To Singapore – First Step

November 9, 2019 6:25 AM

The Singaporean government provides foreigners with the chance to bring their family with them while coming to Singapore on a valid work pass. They have provided several options to make this happen.

To process your visa, here is what you need to know:

The different options, although similar, apply to different sets of people. Here we explore two of the most frequent methods for obtaining visas for you and your family.

Long term visit pass

This gives you all the information you need in its name. The holder of a P1 or P2 employment pass can apply for an additional pass which allows their spouse to join them. They must be legally married under the applicable law. The pass allows them to stay for up to five years or more, depending on their application.

Here are the requirements

·             Completed Long-Term Visit Pass application form

·             Personal particulars page of the applicant's passport

·             Recent passport-sized photo, not older than three months

·             An administrative fee of 30 SGD, with another 60 SGD charged upon collection of Long-Term Visit Pass

·             Statutory declaration of the relationship between the Employment Pass holder and applicant

·             Stamp and signature on the application filed endorsing the Employment Pass holder’s company

The Long-Term Visit Pass also allows you to bring stepchildren between the ages of 0 – 21. You are also allowed to bring disabled dependents, regardless of their age. P1 holders are eligible to apply for an LTVP for their parents. You can take your first step towards gaining a Singapore Family Visa by visiting Visa Express Singapore.

Unfortunately, for a holder of the Long-Term Visit Pass to be eligible for employment, they also have to apply for a work permit.

Also, note that all documents must be in English.

Dependents pass

This was introduced to accommodate the immediate family of an employment pass holder — that is, legally married couples and their unmarried children below the age of 21. A dependent’s pass is similar to the Long-Term Visit Pass but its eligibility is restricted when compared to the LTVP. They have an Employment Pass and S Pass with a minimum monthly salary of 5,000 SGD.

The requirements for filing an application are the same as for the Long-Term Visit Pass, but with a different application form. If you apply, you need to supply a copy of your children’s birth certificate and a copy of your marriage certificate. The administrative fee required for a Dependent's Pass is 60 SGD, and another 150 SGD once the pass is issued.

Holders of a Dependent Employment Pass are permitted to work without a work permit. However, it is compulsory for their prospective employer to apply for a Letter of Consent from the Ministry of Manpower. Holders can take up employment with their employer only when the application has been fully processed and granted. This does not apply for S Pass holders as they are required to apply for their own work permit.

Permanent residents

Should you choose to permanently stay in Singapore, you can include your spouse and your children below the age of 21 on your application. Note, that one of your sons will be required to enlist in the Singaporean National Service.

Planning on relocating anytime soon? Here’s a guide to help you understand the preliminary steps that must be taken.

Add comment to this post

November 2019
Family Visa To Singapore First Step
Bookmark and Share
© 2010+

November 2019